Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

24th of July in Fairview

It has become a tradition for us to spend the 24th of July down in Fairview with Grandpa Brad and Grandma Susan. Since the holiday fell on a Thursday, Ryan and Lexi spent the weekend at the cabin. I still had to work, so I went home Thursday night and came back on Saturday morning. Aunt Ashlie was able to come down with us on Thursday. We started out at the parade, which is really good considering the size of Fairview. They have a fun little craft fair where we found some really cute jewelry. Grandma Susan also bought the new baby some really cute burp pads. Since we still don't know what flavor baby we are having, we bought some really cute yellow and green ones.

Me and Ashlie are waiting patiently for the parade to begin. We are checking out the Tupperware books. She is showing me everything she wants to get when she gets married. I am not sure Tupperware will still be in business when that happens.

Lexi is having a lot of fun with Grandma and Grandpa. They both made sure she left the parade with a ton of candy and prizes.

After the parade, we went back to the cabin for lunch. The boys went fishing after lunch, while the girls rested. Later on we went swimming. There is so much to do up at the cabin.

Later that night, we had just finished dinner. Lexi was playing and having fun when all of the sudden she started screaming. It turns out she had been stung by a bee...OUCH!!! She wasn't very happy.

Ashlie and I headed home after dinner, while everyone else went to the Demolition Derby. The next day, the golfed, four wheeled and had a lot of fun. The only down side was that Lexi was stung by a bee AGAIN. She must taste like honey!!! This time she had a reaction and her hand swelled up. They had to get a bunch of Benedryl in her, and she was feeling better. I felt so bad that I wasn't there to kiss and hug her better.

Lexi and her daddy having fun on the golf course. She sure loves her daddy!!!

Here are the boys all ready for their 4-wheeler ride.

I drove back on Saturday morning. We spent a relaxing day resting, swimming and just having fun. Later that night, we drove into Ephraim for yummy Mexican food. It was a dinner for my birthday and these days I cannot get enough Mexican food. We finished the night with a carmel cashew shake - There is nothing better than that!!!

We had a really fun weekend. Lexi can't stop talking about her Grandpa's cabin and all the fun she had.

1 comment:

supermombritt said...

I misss Fairivew. My great great grandpa lived there and we spent a lot of time there. Have you been to the museum there? He helped start that, but it was in the old building next to the new one. Did you get your shake at the Malt Shop in Ephraim? I wish I was back in college there, I had a lot of fun down there. I told Stacie I would check your blog to see if you knew what you were having yet. I guess we will wait and see.