Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's A....?

So we finally hit one of the first milestones building up to our new addition. We were able to find out what flavor baby would join our family at the end of the year.
So the moment arrived and our fabulous ultrasound tech let Lexi know that her wish had come true and that she was going to have a ...
Little Sister!!!!
We are so excited and can't wait. I think Ryan is excited that we won't have to buy as much new stuff, Lexi is excited to finally not being the only little girl in the entire family and I am excited to have a new little person to dress up in bows and bracelets. Most of all we are excited to have a new little person to love in our family.

The new little Miss Beckstead was pretty shy during her first photo shoot. Every time we tried to get a good look at her face, her hands would immediately go up to cover her face. She also kept crossing her legs, but finally we were able to get a good look to confirm that she was indeed a little girl.

Silly me - I say the dark shadows on her head and I asked the tech if she already had that much hair. I guess I wasn't thinking very clearly, but I gave everyone a good laugh!!!

We thought it would be fun for Lexi to tell the other kids at daycare if she was having a little brother or sister in a fun way. We made cupcakes and put little toppers in them that said "It's A Girl". (We have "It's A Boy!" ready to take back). She told me she was putting the pink one's in whether or not it was a girl, so I guess we lucked out.

So I guess we can really start getting ready. We now can pick colors for the wall, decide on what bedding we want and get ready for our little girl. We can't wait until she is here.

No comments: