Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Lucky Girl!!!

I am one lucky girl. I am sitting in Boise and just got off the phone with Ryan and Lexi. Since I have to travel occasionally for work, I am so lucky to be able to leave and not worry about a thing. Ryan is such a great dad and he takes such good care of Lexi. They are little buddies. Tonight Lexi asked when I was coming home. I think this is the first trip where she understands that I am not coming home right away. When she asks this, it pulls at my heartstrings and guilt. The next second she tells me how much fun she is having with her daddy and I don't think I am missed that much. It is only one night, but I miss her smiling face so much. We are currently working on finishing a few rooms in our basement. Ryan is so talented and is able to do the majority of the work himself. He has a helper all along the way. Lexi helps do anything she can and just wants to be part of the action. Since one of the rooms we are working on is a new playroom for Lexi, this adds to the excitement. The only thing she can't understand is why it is taking so long. She wants a new room NOW!!!! She likes the "messes" they make, but she sure doesn't like all the banging and sawing. She doesn't like it when it is loud. Last night, Lexi had a tough night. For some reason, she didn't want to go to sleep. She just played in her bed. She told me I couldn't turn her light off because it would make her go blind. She just kept entertaining herself for a while. I am pretty sure she was the last one asleep at our house last night. I think she should be pretty tired tonight and will sleep good for Ryan. Thank you again Ryan for being such a good daddy and husband. I am so lucky to have you and Lexi in my life. I love our little family so much. You both make me so happy!!!

1 comment:

Amy and Kody said...

You are so lucky that Ryan is so handy. Look at me!!
thats ok kody is good at other things.